Saturday, April 5, 2014

Untitled Poem

I think I must have written this poem for my late wife.  It was in one of my work log books.  Year unknown but it had to be several years before 2001.


Untitled Poem (For Diane?)
by Cal Jennings




Come and let me feel the warmth of your touch.
Come and feel my gentle caress.
Sit with me on the beach by a campfire on a moonlit night.
Let us hear the gentle, steady motion of the waves and watch the moonlight dance upon the waters.
We shall sing songs of love and hope as the salt air fills our luugs.
You shall come into my arms and our lips will touch, bringing a rise of passion from deep within.
Our souls shall unite as the firelight flickers on our bodies entwined, burning with heated desire.
We want to resist at first, but we know the desire is much too strong.
The love and trust of centuries waiting has endured and this is our moment. We must be filled.
Our bodies become electric as we slowly, sensuously undress one another.
The energy and beauty of the universe fill us as we kiss, first softly, then hard and passionately.
As our warm, tender bodies touch, the universe is filled with love.
Your body trembles as my warm, moist tongue traces around the edges of your passion flower, teasing you, pleasing you.
Then, at last, at long last, my tongue finds its mark filling you with pleasures unknown.
Building and building, the desire overwhelms you and you pull my body up to yours.
You reach down and hold my warm manhood in your hand.
You feel me throbbing, pulsating.
You are wet with desire.
You can wait no longer.
Guiding me, you allow me inside... slowly at first, pausing to feel the warmth, then back out.
Slowly deeper each time.
Deeper now, so that I fill you entirely, holding still to let our souls acquaint.
Our souls become one.
They run together like mountain streams into a river of passion and love.
Peace fills our bodies as our rhythm rivals the waves.
On and on, our temperature rising, and then we burst through the stars.
The universe surrounds us, spinning, twirling, setting us back down on the warm sand by the glowing embers of the fire.
We lie together, hugging, touching, feeling.
We lay on our backs, your head on my shoulder: My arm around your shoulder.
We watch the stars twinkle and the moonlight glistening on the wings of seagulls gliding over the water.
We discuss our lives, our hopes, and our dreams – for ourselves and the world.

P.S.  The poem must have worked because this incident ended up occurring.  Too ad there isn't a date on it in the log book.

No comments: