Saturday, November 16, 2019

DON'T PUNISH PAIN!



I was recently in the hospital where they tried to unclog one of my arteries.   They put me in all kinds of pain but the only painkillers they eould give me was two Tylenol and an 8mg Melatonin for my nerves.  That's right.   Tylenol and melatonin after having your heart poked in and twisted around and a scalpel cut in your groin.

It's ridiculous.   The DEA has too much power and they're goin after legitimate pain patients instead of the street criminals who are the ones doing all the overdosing.  They have the doctors so scared that they don't want to give patients ANY opiate narcotics.   If you're like me and can't take Tylenol or NSAIDs, it doesn't leave you anything.   Maybe they're trying to update the findings of the Nazis at Auschwitz?  That's what it feels like.

"Hey, we put that patient in a lot of physical pain.   Let's withhold his pain meds and see if we can put him in mental anguish too!"

Heck, they didn't even give me a bullet to bite on and a couple shots of whiskey.   They're way more inhumane than that now.   They have the MEANS to get you out of pain.   They just don't want to use it.

Anyway,  after about two hours of me screaming and my sister jumping on them real good, they gave me two whole milligrams of morphine.   It wasn't near enough but it was better than Tylenol.  Hell, they gave me 5 milligrams of morphine when I was eleven years old.  I generally get eight milligrams because I have a high tolerance.  My high tolerance isn't anything new.  I had a high tolerance when I was eighteen months old and got squashed by a car tire.   It's not something that I made up in order to get high.  I just want my pain relieved.

I have never seen doctors and nurses so smug about denying a patient pain relief.   I had a couple of nurses in the past who didn't feel like walking back to the station to get the medicine but nothing so hateful, unfeeling,  and uncaring before.  I thought I was kidnapped in my sleep and I woke up in some third world country or something.   No improvement in my heart, intense pain, and no painkillers.   That's what they provided.   Medical care in America now officially sucks!  Fuck them!

Maybe if we put some of these doctors in severe pain and let them see how it feels, they would understand better?  I'm not calling for violence against these "medical professionals" but I wouldn't be surprised if someone got really fed up and hurt them badly so that they could see what we go through on a daily basis.   'Nuff said.

2 comments:

Covenant of Hope Ministries said...

I am so sorry to hear about this torment you have suffered. I am always praying for you, my friend. I truly wish I could do more to help. I really do. Godspeed my dear friend. Godspeed.

Space Eagle said...

Thank you, Rev. Laura.