Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Nothing is Impossible (Incomplete)

Sermon for Wednesday 1-28-2015
Nothing is Impossible




Isaiah 14:24-27 King James Version (KJV)

24 The Lord of hosts hath sworn, saying, Surely as I have thought, so shall it come to pass; and as I have purposed, so shall it stand:
25 That I will break the Assyrian in my land, and upon my mountains tread him under foot: then shall his yoke depart from off them, and his burden depart from off their shoulders.
26 This is the purpose that is purposed upon the whole earth: and this is the hand that is stretched out upon all the nations.
27 For the Lord of hosts hath purposed, and who shall disannul it? and his hand is stretched out, and who shall turn it back?

Isaiah 14:24-27 New International Version (NIV)

24 The Lord Almighty has sworn,
“Surely, as I have planned, so it will be,
    and as I have purposed, so it will happen.
25 I will crush the Assyrian in my land;
    on my mountains I will trample him down.
His yoke will be taken from my people,
    and his burden removed from their shoulders.”
26 This is the plan determined for the whole world;
    this is the hand stretched out over all nations.
27 For the Lord Almighty has purposed, and who can thwart him?
    His hand is stretched out, and who can turn it back?


Surely as I have planned, so it will be. These are some words that I needed to hear myself. God made it evident to me on Tuesday that He meant it. I won't go into details but I was starting to think that for all of the times I had prayed to be sure that something was right and God seemed to be telling me yes, it was right and even sent me some threats as dreams if I went back on it, that God had let me down. Everything seemed dark and dingy. I became depressed. I didn't quite lose faith but I was certainly confused because I didn't know what was wrong. I didn't have all of the details. When I got the details, I was quite ashamed of my doubt.


No matter how strong your faith in Christ is, there are going to be times when we will doubt. Satan tries to throw us curves and make us wonder if we're making the right choices. Sometimes what God says is the right choice seems nearly impossible to achieve but if God said that it's the right thing then we must trust Him that He'll make a way.


25 I will crush the Assyrian in my land;
    on my mountains I will trample him down.
His yoke will be taken from my people,
    and his burden removed from their shoulders.'”


There have been times when I've been up against the wall, homeless, thrown in jail for a short period on false charges, and many other things but God has seen me through each one and made a way for me to walk through it without harm. At times it seemed that there was nothing that could make things better but just when I had completely given up hope, God turned things around. I even spoke truth to politicians... my big crime... so they set me up. They couldn't hold me for long since I hadn't done anything wrong but they refused me a phone call and refused me a lawyer. After about a week, I prayed to God and asked him what to do and he told me. A few days later, they sent me to court, I pleaded Nolo Contendere to the charges, and they let me go. I could have tried to represent myself but I knew that I didn't really have any chance against a lawyer so God put the idea of Agnew pleading Nolo Contendere in my head and that's what I did.


Luke 21:15 New International Version (NIV)

15 For I will give you words and wisdom that none of your adversaries will be able to resist or contradict.


Again from Isiah:


27 For the Lord of hosts hath purposed, and who shall disannul it? and his hand is stretched out, and who shall turn it back?


If you have God on your side, not even the powers that be can hold you. When you've been doing nothing but God's work and you're being held and persecuted for something you didn't do, God can get you through it. If you have untold barriers between you and what God says that He has for you, those barriers will fall. It may seem to take more time than we think it should knowing that it has already been promised but God is true and faithful to His word.


In my particular situation, there are financial barriers, distance barriers, minor culture barriers, and other things to overcome but they will be overcome.


Sometimes the hardest thing for us to do is to be patient when we can almost taste something. We can see it, we can hear it, and we can almost feel it, but by all appearances, they're just out of distance. Having lived my life, I know that there ARE no barriers. The barriers are just something in our minds. Something that society has told us to believe. Maybe it's even something our parents told us to believe. If God wants it to happen, it's going to happen. You can count on that.



*Audio* Nothing Is Impossible: The Church Choir of The Houston First Baptist Church



Now, let us pray the prayer that Jesus taught us when he said...

Matthew 6:9-13 King James Version (KJV)

9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
10 Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
11 Give us this day our daily bread.
12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.




Love, Hope, Peace, and Christ be with you,


Elder Cal Jennings


No comments: