Monday, September 2, 2013

This 'n' That

My mom got home from the hospital yesterday.  She had extremely high blood pressure so they kept her a couple days to try to get it under control.  She's doing fine now.  They had to change one of her medications.

As luck would have it, either my mom lost her wallet or it was stolen from her purse.  Both her ATM card and mine were in her wallet.  Now we have to go down to the bank and cancel both of the cards.  That means we'll have to withdraw cash to pay for groceries in a few days.  It's not a big deal but it's a hassle.

This vertigo keeps making the screen appear to move, so it's difficult to write anything.  That along with my blurred vision makes it even worse.  I need to get to an opthalmologist to have these cataracts looked at.  I just hope my insurance covers it.

Yes, I'm typing completely random thoughts.  Since I'm pretty much confined to the house, I have nothing interesting to write about.  Since the doctors can't operate on me because my heart is too weak still, I have to live with the physical problems caused by the surgical screw-ups.  I can't even help my mom bring in the groceries because of the surgical hernia.  It makes me feel pretty weak and useless.  I guess I am.

I had really wanted to make a zombie film with Karen's niece and her friends but I don't know if that's going to be a go now that Karen dumped me.  It would have been fun just to make a low budget film.  Karen's niece was writing the script.  She's a very intelligent young woman.  She reminds me of a young Katy Anders in more ways than one.

It is hard for me to find purpose in my life right now.  I think I've alienated just about everyone.  Looking forward, I don't see much of a future.  Maybe my sister will end up sticking me in a nursing home where I will rot away until I die.  I've already spent a day in one and don't look forward to being in there longer.  Sometimes I wish God would be merciful and just take me in my sleep.

Love, Hope, Peace, and Christ be with you,

Cal

4 comments:

Unknown said...

What will be, will be. Take it as it comes Cal.

Space Eagle said...

Thanks Wallace.

Unknown said...

See if you can do the film! That is cool and it's always good to have a project.

I went to school for years - taking classes I didn't need to be taking. But I finished up in may and I am going stir crazy. I don't have a project and it is really throwing me off.

Even if it's limited, people need projects.

I always like reading your life updates and seeing how things are going, cal!

Space Eagle said...

It would be nice, Katy. Having a project would help keep my mind off of my problems. I would start one now but I don't know enough people who would be willing to do a project. Having Rebecca and her friends would be good because they're all photogenic and intelligent. Besides, I haven't done a project that takes over ten minutes and I'd like to use that YouTube option now that I have it.

Thanks Katy. I always enjoy keeping up with you too. We've both been writing for years, though your blogs may have been more socially relevant. I thought about trying to get the WORLDstock idea going again but I'm just not up to it at this point in time. Hopefully my heart will get stronger after enough time passes. I remember last time it took about a year for it to feel like the heart surgery was worth it.