Friday, April 22, 2011

This 'n' That


First, an update on my mom. She just called from my sister's house. They let her out of the hospital today. They said she had a mild stroke, but nothing else seems to be going on at this time. She's planning on coming back here tomorrow.

Sharon and I took the kittens out to the garden today for their first look outside. I have some video of it converting at the moment so I can edit it and upload it to YouTube.

Things have been tough as far as trying to get my birth certificate and the contents of my stolen wallet replaced. It seems you have to have one form of the ID to replace another form of the ID which is next to impossible when all your ID has been stolen. To make things stranger, the bank sent me a letter saying that the problems were a bank mistake, so the case was dropped. Someone somewhere still has my ID, so that seems to be a little unusual.

No one has served the warrant on Sharon yet for her missing her court date. No one has even attempted to do so. The up side is that at least Sharon has a driver's license and can drive me to the store when I need to go for now.

I've been finding it incredibly difficult to breathe the last several days. I've heard the same from several people, so I assume it's the pollen in the air. I'm sure the extra particulates from the fallout don't help much either.

Whether or not these are the "end times," I sometimes find myself wishing that things would end soon. The lack of humanity in the world is very disturbing. It's all I can do to try to keep a small garden growing and weeded and it's not likely to provide all that I'll need. Between the heat and my physical problems, it's a wonder I can do anything at all.

I haven't had much reason to smile lately. I hope that sooner or later something gives me cause to do so. My face could use the exercise.

Love, Hope, Peace, & Christ Is With Us All,

Cal-el

No comments: