Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Christmas Poem

My Christmas Poem

Sitting 'round like a tub of lard

Feeling like a total retard
With misery, gloom, and despair
When Christmas Spirit should be there
I see people having fun
But as for me, there will be none
Friends and loved ones I have lost
Happiness, it was the cost
The wishes I appreciate
But still I'm feeling not so great
Some have brought me warmth and joy
To others I was just a toy
I think, somewhere, I still have hope
It's just that now it's hard to cope
Perhaps the new year will be bright
And there will be some peace and light
And people will learn to be kind
And troubles will be left behind
Someday when we all have learned
Remebering good we have spurned
We will live in harmony
And have the peace 'twas meant to be



Copyright © 2008 Cal Jennings

No comments: