Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The Sound of Silence - Poem

The Sound of Silence


Gregorian Chants - Masters of Chant - The Sound of Silence.mp3 - Gregorian Chant

The deafening sound of silence
Crashes all around me
I scream out to break the silence
But no one hears me
Aching with the stillness
Of the day
Of the wind
Of the emptiness
Longing to hear the voice of another
Yet, no one is to be found
I sit alone in abandonment
Wondering when the stillness will end
Even my feelings are empty
My heart is still
Feeling vacant
I turn to write
But nothing proceeds
From my empty fingers
My mind is void of thought
My heart is void of love
My soul hoovers outside my body
Like a humming bird who lost its way
Billions of people
Yet all of them mindless
Of the millions of voices
Crying out in despair
Then suddenly silenced
By uncaring hearts
Too busy to facilitate
Anything but their own desires
All of them asleep



Copyright © 2009 Cal Jennings

No comments: