Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Fateful Love - Poem


Fateful Love



I once had a love so dear

That I felt her heartbeat

But because of foolish fears

We never were complete


I felt compassion for her fear

And felt her every pain

It ached my heart that she feared me

Because she was insane


I tried to put her fears to rest

But she chose to believe

The visions that her shattered mind

Portrayed for to deceive


I often wonder where she went

And what became of her

When cancer came into her life

I may never be sure


Although sometimes I feel a tug

From what my be her spirit

I may never hear her voice

Although I'd like to hear it


I wish she'd kept her promises

Of updates on condition

Or told someone to give me word

Of death for recognition


Since our fateful meeting

More that two long years have passed

And though I loved with all my heart

My hopes and dreams were dashed




Copyright © 2009 Cal Jennings

No comments: